Τρίτη 7 Ιανουαρίου 2014

Swiss manager - Name & club issue

I was an arbiter in a tournament these days and I noticed that, after the update in my ranking list, the updated club names had lower letters, while the names had the first capital and the others lower. The ideal was, since there is a problem with the letter 'ς' (a greek character, must be 'ς' when at the end of a word and 'σ' elsewhere, swiss manager decided to put it 'σ' everywhere and this is bad. In capital letters, it is 'Σ' in both cases) the player names to be in latin characters (from the FIDE list) and the club names with greek capital characters.

So I came up with an idea, when it comes that the capitals and lower are mixed up. Here is the options dialog menu of the swiss manager:

In the "converting player names" it converts also the club names. So, if you select "SURNAME FIRST NAME" and click "update", every player AND every club name will be in capital.

Since I have both rating lists (FIDE and GRE) I switched every name with greek characters from the GRE rating list. Then, I made both the player and club names (with the process mentioned above) to capital letters. I switched back to the third option (as shown in the image) but didn't click update, instead I just clicked "OK". Afterwards, I switched again all the names with latin characters from the FIDE list. That way, all the names were changed and the imported names came with the first letter capital and the others lower, the club names were, of course, unaffected. Of course I had to edit manually the players that weren't in both rating lists but the main job was done.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου