Σάββατο 1 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012

Site updated

It was time to update my webpage. I finished the major update several days ago but I was too lazy to write it on this blog. :P

Anyway, the update was quite big but only programmers will fully understand the true difficulty of this update. I edited both the code of the arcade and the forum so that when someone registers at the forum, automatically registers at the arcade too. So after a long research to understand how the forum code works (the arcade coding was quite simple) I managed to edit it so it updates both the arcade and the forum's user databases. With that knowledge in hand I created a small login feature on the main page of my website. It creates the both the dx cookie (my cookie for future purposes) and the arcade cookie, so if you login though the main page you'll automatically login into the arcade too. Also, I managed to transfer the shoutbox of the arcade to the main page. This will be the main shoutbox as it doesn't have limited features and such.

These updates come with some restrictions though:
  • You now can't register in the arcade. If you wish to access the arcade as a registered user, you have to register in the forum and you'll automatically register in the arcade with the same username and password.
  • Now the lowest level of password encryption is md5 and sha1 combination. This is because it's the encryption method of the arcade and I think that it's too complicated to try to change that.
  • Password reset have been disabled in the forum and of course in the arcade. If you want to reset your password contact dx4 through the contact form. Include your registered e-mail (or send the request from it) otherwise password reset will be impossible. Your new password will be sent to your registered e-mail after a confirmation e-mail.
Finally, the last update is that I made the contact form of my website active. That was pretty simple because I had left only one thing to do to complete the form.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου