Παρασκευή 17 Φεβρουαρίου 2012

Dx Solitaire program completed in Visual Basic 6

I proudly announce the completion of the solitaire I was making. As I have said before I haven't seen a similar solitaire anywhere so I still consider my solitaire unique. I'd like to mention that I made this program using Visual Basic 6 and not the 2010. Although it may be hard to install it on windows 7 I prefer using Visual Basic 6. I have tried VB2010 but I spend some hours trying to find a way to enable the items (the cards) to be dragged and dropped. Eventually I gave up on VB2010 and returned to my favorite VB6 where to enable dragging, all you have to do is a click.

Anyway. let me begin explaining the game:
As you can see, there are nine slots. Of course there is the deck which I didn't include in the screenshot. You are allowed to draw only one card each time, this card will be the card you can use. By this I mean that if you draw an Ace and then you draw another card (a J of hearts) the Ace won't be available until the J of hearts is played. (it works like a stack)
In this solitaire only the numbers count, you don't have to worry about the color (red and blue) or the type (hearts, clubs, diamonds and spades). You can store any card in the 2,4,6 and 8 slots but you can store only 1 card, you can withdraw a card from those slots and use them any time you want. In slots 1,3,7,9 you must place cards from 7 to King in order (7-8-9-10-J-Q-K). In the slot no5 you must place cards from 1 (the Ace counts as 1) to 6 in order, when the top card is 6, then you can place an Ace. For example a correct order would be 1[Ace]-2-3-4-5-6-1[Ace]-2-3...
You win when you have successfully placed all the cards in the 1,3,5,7,9 slots. Of course you lose if you reach to a point where no move is possible.

The chances of winning are very low, I would call it difficulty level dx. I will soon place the program in my site to be available for downloading. Please inform me and give me credit if you'd like to use it in a way other than just playing yourself.\

This entry will be edited as soon as I release a stable version of Dx Solitaire.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου